Strep throat is also called as streptococcal pharyngitis, it is a bacterial infection caused by bacteria called a Streptococcus. Several other things like allergies and cold can also lead to strep throat. In few cases viral infection also lead to strep throat. During strep throat people face inflammation and swelling in the mucous membrane lining in the throat and also near tonsils. People with strep throat faces sore and scratchy throat. Strep throat is a contagious disease and spread from one person to another through sneezing, cough and also through direct contact. Strep throat can affect people of all age groups, but it is very common among children between age groups 5 and 15 years. Children get easily infected as they have low immunity. This condition can be seen in any time of the year but it is most common in winter season. Strep throat is one among the most common health problems in winter. People also get infected by sharing foods and drinks with infected persons. Taking care of infected people and touching your hands near your face, eye, mouth, nose can also lead to strep throat. Infants who are facing strep throat may feed less and become irritable. Children with strep throat face difficulty in swallowing and feel loss appetite due to the pain and discomfort during swallowing.
Symptoms of Strep Throat
Symptoms of strep throat range from mild to severe and differ from each person depending on the severity. Here are few common symptoms of strep throat seen among many people
- High fever
- Pain and difficulty while swallowing
- Swelling in the lymph nodes
- Body Pain
- Red and swollen tonsils
- Loss of appetite
- Running nose
- Coughing and sneezing
- Stomach problems
The symptoms may begin after 5 days from exposure to bacteria. These symptoms are not only caused due to strep throat but may also be caused due to other problems like viral infections and others. One should visit doctor immediately if they are having the above symptoms along with other symptoms like trouble in breathing, if they have rash along with strep throat, have fever lasting more than 72 hours and if the condition does not improve even after treatment.
Strep throat is not life threatening but if left untreated strep throat can lead to several serious health problems like
- Rheumatic fever
- Tonsil infections called tonsillitis
- Ear infection
- Inflammation of kidneys called glomerulonephritis
- Guttate psoriasis
- Scarlet fever
- Peritonsillar abscess, it is a pus filled infection in the back of tonsils.
If left untreated and if the course of treatment is not completed, these strep throat bacteria can spread to other parts of our body like sinuses, tonsils, ear and skin and also cause infection. It is very important to complete the course of treatment because if the bacteria is not eliminated completely it can bounce back again.
Homeopathy treatment works very effectively in treating strep throat problems caused due to bacteria, virus and also other problems like cold and allergies. Other conventional methods use antibiotics in treatment but whereas homeopathy uses natural remedies extracted from plants, vegetables and others natural minerals to treat strep throat problems.
In most of the cases strep throat will get better on their own, treatment is important for children and infants as they have low immunity and also early treatment helps to eliminate the health complications. Along with treatment, people can get relief from strep throat and its symptoms by following few self care tips like
- Gargling with luke warm salt water several times a day.
- Drinking luke warm water very frequently and staying hydrated
- Wash your hands frequently to avoid infections and maintain hygiene.
- Take enough rest and give time for your body to heal.
- Use cool mist humidifiers
- Have throat lozenges.
- Drink soups and tea to get relief from symptoms and also to get energy
- Frequently take liquids like lemon water and honey in warm water for quick relief.
- Eat smooth foods to avoid difficulties while swallowing
Apart from treating the disease, it is also important to prevent it from spreading the diseases. Here are few tips which help to control spreading of the diseases to other family members like
- Cover your mouth while sneezing and coughing if you are infected with kerchiefs and tissues to avoid spreading.
- Do not share the things with others as it increases the risk of spreading.
- Wash your hands frequently to avoid infections
- Stay away from kids as they catch the infections very quickly because they have low immunity.
- Isolate yourself to avoid spreading
- It is very important to teach about maintaining hygiene and washing hands frequently as this helps to eliminate infections.
Homeopathy Treatment for Strep Throat
Homeopathy treatment successfully treats strep throat and its symptoms. Homeopathy uses natural remedies to treat strep throat problems. These natural homeopathic remedies are safe, have no adverse side effects and are also non toxic. Along with treating strep throat homeopathy also works very well in treating other winter illnesses like cold, cough, flu and so on. Homeopathy effectively treats strep throat problems in children and the homeopathic remedies are safe to use for children also. Homeopathic remedies are suitable for all age groups and also for conceived women as they are mild and very effective. Homeopathy not just treats strep throat but also aims at overall wellbeing by improving immunity and self healing process of the body. Homeopathic remedies for throat problems and strep throat are prescribed based on the symptoms and theory of individualization. Homeopathic treatment differs from each individual as they are based on the symptoms. Homeopathy along with treatment also provides throat infection control tips like gargling with warm salt water, taking rest, staying hydrated and so on. These throat homeopathy tips helps in quick recovery and also are safe to use.