Healthy nutritional level in almond
When we think of this healthy nut, most of us recall the sweet moments how our moms used to be at the back of us forcing us to eat those overnight soaked and peeled almonds before going to school. Almonds are wonderful nuts popular since ancient times due to their magnificent health benefits. They control cholesterol levels, aids in weight loss, improve immunity, beneficial for the heart, boost brain health, controls diabetes, and also beneficial for our skin and hair. No matter in what form you take them like raw almonds, soaked and peeled almonds, roasted almonds, Almond milk (badam milk), or Almond oil, they just benefit our body.
Almonds binomial name is Prunus Dulcis and is native to the Middle East. These were the beloved nuts of ancient Indians and Egyptians and are commonly used in their diets. These energy-boosting nuts are loaded with nutrients like calcium, magnesium, fiber, vitamin E, iron, riboflavin, phosphorus, manganese, and most importantly monounsaturated fat.
Health benefits of Almonds
Here are few proven health benefits of Almonds
- Helps in weight loss- According to a study, people who replaced nuts especially Almonds with snacks have noticed a significant decrease in their weight. Consuming Almonds regularly also helps in reducing your waistline. Even though Almonds are high in calories, they help to control bad cholesterol. The fiber and protein present in almonds actually eliminate unhealthy munching by keeping you full for longer hours. Include this Almond nut in your daily diet and shed your extra pounds.
- Boosts brain health- One of the most crucial benefits of Almonds is that they improve our brainpower. Almonds contain brain-boosting nutrients like riboflavin and L-carnitine along with a chemical called phenylalanine. Regular consumption of Almonds also helps to prevent age-related cognitive brain disorders like Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Give your kids soaked almonds every day for high intellectual levels.
- Lowers cholesterol and keeps your heart healthy- Almonds contain polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated fats which help to raise HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol) and reduces LDL (bad cholesterol). The monounsaturated fats, potassium, and high HDL levels all improve heart health and reduce the risk of several cardiovascular disorders.
- Improves immunity system- Regular intake of Almonds helps to keep infections and seasonal disorders away by improving the immune system. Almonds are rich sources of Alkali and antioxidants which are said to strengthen the immune system and keep bay several diseases.
- Beneficial for conceived women- The folic acid present in Almonds is well known to enable proper development of the fetus and also helps to prevent birth defects in newborn babies. Folic acid supplements are actually prescribed for conceived women and in this case, almonds play a crucial role.
- Strengthen Bones and Teeth- Almonds contain huge amounts of calcium and phosphorus which are said to strengthen the skeleton system and boost bone health. Almonds are also said to prevent age-related conditions like osteoporosis.
- Prevents Anemia- vitamins, and minerals like copper and iron present in Almonds help in preventing anemia by synthesizing hemoglobin.
Along with the above benefits, Almonds are also abundantly used in beauty products and are very beneficial for skin and hair. They also reduce stress, controls high BP, beneficial for nerves and muscles, and also prevent the risk of cancers.