Health Tips

Best Calcium Rich Foods to Improve Your Calcium Levels

Share This Story

We all are very well aware of the importance of Calcium for growth and development. Calcium does not just help you to improve bone health but also helps in weight loss. Do you know 99% of the body’s Calcium is stored in our bones, hence they are called the bank of Calcium. The rest, 1% of the Calcium, is found in muscle, blood, and tissues. If we do not get enough Calcium from the food we eat, our body draws Calcium from bones.

Frequently asked questions

Importance of Calcium for Growth and Development

Homeopathy and its Effectiveness to Improve Bone Strength

Healthy Ways to Boost Your Bone Health

Running Tips to Protect Bones

It is good news that Calcium is abundantly available in plenty of foods. One can get all the Calcium they need by having a varied and balanced diet.

List of best Calcium rich foods

Below listed out are some of the top sources of Calcium

  • Milk– Milk, one of the best, popular and cheapest sources of Calcium. Milk is also a great source of protein, Vitamin A, and Vitamin D. One cup of Milk offers 200 mg of Calcium.
  • Cheese– Cheese is not just tasty but also is an excellent source of Calcium. Our body absorbs Calcium from Dairy products like Cheese more quickly when compared to plant sources.
  • Yogurt– Yogurt is another excellent source of Calcium. One cup of Yogurt gives us around 290 – 300 mg Calcium. Regular consumption of Yogurt further reduces the risk of Type 2 Diabetes and Heart diseases.
  • Dark leafy veggies– Leafy greens like Spinach, Kale, and others are a great source of Calcium. Including Greens regularly in the diet also offers several other health benefits.
  • Almonds- Almonds are a great source of Calcium and also provide hand full of other health benefits. Grabbing an ounce of Almonds as a quick snack can give you around 75 mg of Calcium.
  • Tofu- Tofu, one of the best sources of Calcium. Include tofu in your diet to enjoy tasty and healthy food.
  • Canned Fish- For people looking for non-dairy Calcium rich foods, Canned fish is the best option. With one can of fish, get 350 mg Calcium.
  • Beans and Seeds- If you are not a fan of fish, you can go for beans and seeds. They also contain a high amount of fiber, protein, iron, zinc, and many more. Raise your Calcium levels by including beans and seeds in your diet.

Many people these days are taking Calcium supplements to increase Calcium levels in their bodies. But do not forget, these supplements trigger several health risks.

Include those mentioned above and readily available Calcium rich sources into your diet and protect your health.


Leave a Reply