Types of Spondylosis
- Cervical spondylosis (cervical region is the neck region of the body)
- Thoracic spondylosis (pain in upper region of back i.e. thoracic spine)
- Lumbar spondylosis (degeneration of spine in the lower back)
- Lumbosacral spondylosis (natural deterioration of lower spine where the lumbar spine meets the sacral spine)
- Multi level spondylosis (degeneration takes place in both cervical and lumbar region)
What are the Causes of Spondylosis ?
As the body ages it experience some wear and tear i.e. degeneration, it is common in aged people. As we age, the anatomical components that support the spine naturally begin to deteriorate, this deterioration leads to spinal disorders called Spondylosis. Poor postures, loss of the normal spinal curves, accidents or repetitive stress injuries, Herniated disc, bulging disc, bone spurs abnormality in the body’s anatomy also lead to Spondylosis. Aging, family history and obesity can also cause Spondylosis.
It is not easy to identify Spondylosis as a cause of spinal pain or back pain. Now a day’s spinal pain or back pain or neck pain are due to bad posture, stress and due to long working hours. Doctors perform some exams like physical and neurological exams, and imaging tests like X-ray, CT scan, and MRI to find the exact cause of pain.
Symptoms of Spondylosis :
With aging the spine becomes weak and degenerate which leads to painful symptoms. Below are few Spondylosis symptoms
- Joint or muscle stiffness usually in the morning
- Loss of sensation
- Muscular weakness
- Balance problems
- Tenderness in the area of nerve compression
Treatment for Spondylosis is conservative; with some changes in lifestyle people can manage pain.
Weight loss can help reduce the pain in overweight patients. Other therapeutic options are
- Physical therapy
- Pain medications
Homeopathy for Spondylosis :
The Homeopathic treatment for Spondylosis provides relief in pain and stiffness and also controls the other symptoms like tingling, numbness and weakness. Homeopathic Spondylosis treatment stimulate the genetic code to enhance and boost the immune responses for removal of on-going inflammatory changes. With the help of homeopathy the pain in the neck, shoulders, head and arms is treated. Homeopathy for Spondylosis can improve the quality of life by giving you relief from pain; swelling and can reduce the pain due to spine-compression, stiffness and loss of mobility.