What is Migraine disorder?
Migraine is more than a just headache, it causes severe, painful and recurrent headaches often felt on one side. It is generally developed due to changes within the brain. It is explained as the unstable way how brain deals with incoming sensory disturbances.
People with this condition face piercing and throbbing pain along with nausea and vomiting. People becomes extremely sensitive to incoming sensory information like light, smell and sound. When people with this condition gets exposed to light, smell and sound their pain worsens.
Headaches may last for hours to days based on the intensity of the attack. Individuals have some warning symptoms before Migraine Attack like blind spots, tingling in hands or legs, flashes of light, blurred or double vision and also loss of balance.
Types of Migraine
There are several types of this disorder based on the symptoms, they are
- Migraine with aura
- Without aura
- Basilar migraine
- Hemiplegic migraine
- Vestibular migraine
- Ophthalmology migraine
- Aura without Headache Problems.
Among these types most commonly seen are with aura, without aura and aura without headache.
How to avoid migraine problems?
People with this problems can reduce the symptoms and also can avoid the attacks by following few tips and making few dietary changes.
- Avoiding triggers
- Following eating and sleeping schedule
- Drink plenty of water and be hydrated
- Doing moderate physical exercises
- Practice muscle relaxation
Though treatments cannot cure this condition entirely but with the help of these tips along with treatment individuals can control its symptoms, severity and recurrent attacks to some extent.
Exact cause of this disorders is not known. Genetic factors are said to cause this disorder in individuals. List of other factors that can trigger this disorders are mentioned below
- Stress and tensions
- Tiredness and jet lag
- Intense exercises or workouts
- Sleeplessness or irregular sleep
- Hormonal changes
- Foods like pickles
- Alcohol consumption
- Fasting or lack of food
- Weather or barometric pressure
Symptoms of this disorder differ in each stage of attack i.e. prodrome, aura, attack and postdrome. Symptoms at different stages include
- Symptoms of prodrome- mood swings, constipation, food cravings, increased thirst, neck pain and sensitivity to smells.
- Symptoms of aura- blurred vision or vision loss, tingling sensation in hands or legs, problem with speaking due to severe pain.
- Symptoms during attack- throbbing and piercing pain, sensitive to light, sound and smell, dizziness, vomiting and nausea.
- Symptoms of postdrome- weakness, pain, depression, confusion and Sensitivity to light and sound.
Homeopathy treatment for migraine disorders
Homeopathy treatment for migraine is a holistic way of treatment using natural substances. Homeopathic doctors prescribe treatment for this disorder after careful examination of the individuals. Treatment plan is based on the symptoms, their severity, past health history of the individual, family history and also on the principle of individualization.
Homeopathy for this condition offers treatment in two stages, in the first stage of treatment homeopathy aims to reduce the frequency and severity of attacks. In the second stage homeopathy eliminates it totally and improves quality of living. Migraine Treatment in Homeopathy is safe, free from side effects, highly advisable and provides fruitful results.