Goiter (also spelt as Goitre) to put simply is the abnormal swelling of the thyroid gland which is present at the base of the neck. This lump moves up and down when touched or while swallowing. Goitre is one of the common types of thyroid disorder which is often harmless, but if the size of the lump increases or based on the severity and type of goitre may lead to few symptoms and need treatment. For all those suffering from Goitre, Homeopathy treatment for Goitre is highly recommended, as it treats the condition by correcting the roots of the problem.
|Frequently asked questions|
|How does the thyroid affect fertility?|
|What are the tips to overcome Hyperthyroidism?|
|How Homeopathy successfully treats Thyroid?|
As discussed above, Goitre is the enlargement of the thyroid gland. Under goitre, the whole thyroid gland may get enlarged or few people may have one or more enlarged thyroid nodules. Goitre may affect the functioning of the thyroid gland. The size or enlargement of the gland may vary for each individual. Goitre usually is a painless condition and do not cause any severe life-threatening symptoms. Whereas, in a few cases, if the goitre grows very large, it blocks the trachea and leads to breathing problems. The constricted trachea also makes it difficult to swallow. The risk of Goitre is comparatively high in women than in men.
There are 3 major types of Goitre, namely
- Diffuse smooth Goitre- under this type the entire thyroid gland gets enlarged. Though the gland gets enlarged, it feels smooth when you touch it.
- Nodular Goitres- Under this type fluid-filled lumps which are also called thyroid nodules develop in the thyroid gland. These nodular goitres are of two types namely
- Uninodular Goitre (only one thyroid nodule develops)
- Multinodular Goitre (two or more thyroid nodules develop)
- Retrosternal Goitre- Under this type, the lump develops behind the breastbone which further constricts the windpipe, neck veins and oesophagus.
What are the causes of Goitre?
Several factors can lead to goitre. Hereditary or family history plays a crucial role in Goitre. Few other common causes of Goitre include
- Iodine deficiency / lack of Iodine
- Thyroid cancer
- Hormonal imbalance
- Excess exposure to radiation
- Unhealthy diet
- Health conditions like Hashimoto’s disease and Graves disease
What are the symptoms of Goitre?
Goitre effects how the thyroid gland works and leads to several health abnormalities. Goitre might increase or decrease thyroid hormone secretion in few cases.
Though most of the people with goitre do not face any symptoms, few people with a huge lump or nodule on the neck face symptoms like
- Visibility of lump near the neck region
- Difficulty breathing or breathing with high pitch sound
- Difficulty swallowing
- Dizziness when people rise arm above head
- Voice hoarseness
- Tight feeling in the throat
- Dry skin
- Hair loss
- Unusual sleeping patterns
- Abnormal i.e. heavy or light periods
- Lack of concentration
How does Homeopathy for Goiter works?
Homeopathy works very effectively in treating several thyroid problems including Goitre. Natural Homeopathic remedies for Goitre provided by our professionals go deep inside and works by correcting the roots of the Goitre. Homeopathy treatment for Goitre also reduces the swelling of the thyroid gland using non-invasive procedures and is safe and free from side effects.
Homeopathy treatment for Goitre do not just treat the condition, but aims to improve overall health of the individuals by building immunity. Homeopathy for Goitre uses personalized approach, i.e. treatment varies for each individual based on their symptoms, their severity and health history. Expert Homeopaths prescribe best Homeopathy treatment for Goitre after careful examination of individuals health status.