Require to recognize the nutrition level of Pistachios
Pistachio also called Pista is again an incredible nut with amazing health benefits just like other nuts like Almonds, Walnuts, and Cashews. With their mildly sweet taste and vibrant green color, Pistachios have become a favorite snack for most people. These antioxidant and nutrient-rich nuts are very beneficial for us, they help in controlling cholesterol, aids in weight loss, improve heart health, controls glucose levels, cures digestion problems, promotes eye health by treating eye problems, prevents anemia, cures erectile dysfunction, promotes skin health and also avoids hair loss.
One of the healthy substitutes is Pistachios
Pista is actually a member of the cashew family and is cultivated since ancient times. These oldest edible nuts are native to the Middle East and Central Asia but now are grown in different regions abundantly due to their health benefits. These small nuts are loaded with nutrients like fiber, carbohydrates, amino acids, proteins, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, potassium along with vitamins like Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Vitamin K. Most of all, Pistachios are low in calories and fats. Pistachio nuts go very well in many dishes especially in sweets, salads, and baked items. Now a day’s Pistas are available in different forms like roasted and salted pistachios, roasted and salted with added lime, and plain pistachios like opened or closed. Most of us prefer salted pistachios, but the extra sodium added reduces their nutritional values and also may have adverse effects on our health.
6 Surprising Health Benefits of Pistachios
Here are few surprising hidden Pista health benefits which make these little nuts a healthy snack
- Weight loss- Pista is the right choice for people who wish to lose some weight. They are rich in protein, fiber, and monounsaturated fats and also are low in calories and fats. All these make these nuts ideal for weight loss. Fibre present in Pista keeps us full and helps in preventing unhealthy munching between meals.
- Improves heart health- the antioxidants, monounsaturated fatty acids and phytosterols present in Pistachios promote heart health by lowering bad cholesterol (LDL) and controlling high BP. These nuts also help in eliminating the hardening of arteries and further strengthen nerves.
- Prevents Anemia- Pistachios are treated as superfoods in treating Anemia. The copper present in Pista helps in improving iron absorption from the food we eat. Regular consumption of Pista nut helps to improve circulation and raises hemoglobin levels.
- Improves Eye health- The lutein and zeaxanthin present in Pista help in eliminating the risk of age-related macular degeneration and improves eye health. The carotenoids present in Pista also help in reducing the risk of eye problems.
- Treats Erectile Dysfunction- Nutrients present in Pista like fats, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and others helps to treat erectile dysfunction problem in men by improving circulation.
- Improves your beauty- Pistachio benefits your skin and hair also. Including these nuts in the diet helps in improving your beauty by improving your hair and skin. They give your skin a natural glow, help in fighting signs of aging, and also keep your skin moist. These nuts also help in fighting hair loss, stimulate hair growth and give us strong, long, and healthy hair.