Are you having fever along with few other symptoms like pain in pelvis, irregular menstruation, painful intercourse, infertility problems and also painful urination, it can be due to Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID).
Infection of female reproductive organs like uterus (womb), ovaries, fallopian tubes and cervix is called as PID. PID is treated as one of the common infections and about one million women are getting infected with PID every year. This condition is said to be caused due to STI’s (sexually transmitted infection) such as gonorrhea and Chlamydia. It can also be caused due to several other types of bacteria also. The bacteria first enters vagina and then spread to uterus and ovaries.
Women infected with Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID) may not experience any symptoms but later on when infection gets worse and have other problems like pelvic pain and also trouble getting conceived the problem may get detected.
Causes of Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID)
As discusses above PID are mainly caused due to STI’s and different types of bacteria. Several bacteria like gonorrhea and Chlamydia enters reproductive tract due to unprotected intercourse. The bacteria first enters vagina and as time passes it spread to other pelvic organs. In few other cases PID is also caused due to bacteria which is present in the vagina. PID is mostly seen in women of age between 15 to 25 years of age.
Several risk factors increase your risk of PID. Here are few risk factors that lead to PID condition
- Women who are below 25 years of age and having active intercourse
- Having intercourse with multiple partners
- Having unprotected intercourse
- Having history of PID or STI’s.
- Intercourse with a partner who have multiple partners
Women who have intrauterine device (IUD) are also at risk of developing PID. Women tend to develop infection within first few weeks of insertion.
Symptoms of Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID)
Though women with PID may not have any symptoms in the early stages but later on may develop few symptoms when the infection gets severe and worst. Women may experience symptoms of PID after one to two weeks after getting infected. Few symptoms commonly seen in women with PID are
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Painful intercourse
- Painful urination
- Back pain
- Menstrual problems like irregular periods
- Spotting between periods
- Loss of appetite
- Fatigue and nausea
- Bad odored vaginal discharge
- Facing difficulties getting conceived
The symptoms may get severe if PID is left untreated for long time.
Complications of Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID)
If left untreated PID may cause scar tissue and also can harm your reproductive organs. PID can also lead to several complications like
- Infertility– Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID) leads to infertility by damaging reproductive organs.
- Chronic pain in pelvis– pain in pelvis may lasts for more than one year.
- In conceived women growth of foetus outside the womb and this also increase the risk of infertility
- Women with PID are also at an increased risk of miscarriage.
In long run if left untreated PID can lead to severe in infection in body fluids and it can also be life threatening.
Prevention of Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID)
One may not be able to prevent PID caused due to bacteria which is present in your vagina. But can prevent PID caused due to STI’s. Women can prevent PID by following few control tips like
- Stop douching
- Practice safe intercourse
- Limit intercourse with number of partners as it increases the risk of Pelvic
- Inflammatory Disorder (PID)
- Get tested for STI’s
- Ask your partner to get tested
Consult your doctor immediately if you have the symptoms of Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID), never feel shy or uncomfortable. If left untreated or if treatment is delayed it can lead to several chronic health complications and can also be life threatening.
Also one should get tested for Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID) before opting for any device insertions like intrauterine device (IUD) to avoid further complications and infections. Early diagnosis and treatment for Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID) can reduce the risk of further complications.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID) can be diagnosed by following methods or tests like
- Pelvic examination to check the pelvic organs for infections
- Cervical culture test to check for infection in the cervix
- Urine test to check for abnormalities
You may be advised further tests if you have Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID) to assess the damage, as Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID) can damage your reproductive organs and also can lead to scarring of fallopian tubes.
- Pelvic ultra sound to check damages if any in internal organs
- Endometrial biopsy of lining of your uterus.
- Laparoscopy of your pelvic organs.
Homeopathy treatment for Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID)
Homeopathy treatment is very effective in treating Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID). Homeopathy not just provides relief from the symptoms but also treats the disorder by treating the root cause of the problem. Homeopathy uses natural remedies to treat Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID) and these remedies are safe, effective and also non toxic.
Homeopathy along with treatment also provides health tips for Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID). These homeopathy tips for Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder are safe and suitable to everyone. These Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder tips help in quick recovery and also to prevent the disorder.
Homeopathy treatment not just focuses on treating Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder but also aims at overall well being by improving immunity. Homeopathy treatment for Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder (PID) are prescribed based on the symptoms, examination and also based on the theory of individualization.