Incredible benefits of having Tulsi Leaves
Tulsi also called Holy basil is a well known, grown as well as worshipped plant in many Indian houses. This sacred herb belongs to Mint family and is called as “Queen of Herbs” due to its surprising beneficial qualities. It is widely used in traditional medicines since ancient times and now is also used worldwide due to its incredible health benefits like boosting immunity, controlling stress and others. When it comes to tulsi you don’t need to make lots of preparation and waste your time, you can just wash a handful of tulsi leaves and chew them. This herb can also be taken in various forms like tulsi powder, tulsi tea, tulsi drops, tulsi green tea and even can be consumed as dry tulsi leaves.
Coming to nutritional facts, tulsi contains all the essential vitamins (A, C, E, K), minerals (calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, and zinc), nutrients, dietary fiber, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidants.
|People Also Asked for
|How Tulsi leaves cure viral fever?
|How tulsi and ginger cure a cough?
|How to cure Acidity with Tulsi?
Now, let us head to the most important part i.e. the surprising health benefits of Tulsi.
Surprising benefits of eating Tulsi leaves early in the morning
No doubt, you can take tulsi throughout the day, but when you take them in the early hours on empty stomach they act as a boon and provide numerous health benefits. Below are few incredible health benefits we obtain by consuming tulsi in the mornings
- Boosts Immunity- For all those who fall sick frequently, Tulsi is a wonderful solution. Tulsi is rich in antioxidant and antimicrobial properties which boosts our immune system and protects us from the common cold, flu, fever, infections, allergies, sore throat and many others. Consuming tulsi especially in rainy season protects us from several other illnesses. You can just chew the tulsi leaves or can soak them in water and drink that water in the mornings or can even take tulsi tea or tulsi green tea for better results.
- Beneficial for the heart- The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties present in tulsi makes it very beneficial for our heart. These properties improve circulation and protect the heart by preventing the risk of heart problems like heart attack and others.
- Lowers the risk of Diabetes- Oils and antioxidants of tulsi improve the functioning of pancreas and reduce the risk of diabetes by producing substances like eugenol, methyl eugenol, and caryophyllene.
- Improves Digestion- Chewing tulsi leaves or its water on an empty stomach improves digestion and also treat several digestive disorders like acidity, constipation, and others.
- Eliminates the risk of Cancer- The antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic properties present in tulsi reduces the risk of cancer and also fights cancer cells effectively. Regular intake of tulsi, tulsi water or tulsi green tea also reduces cell and tissue damage due to radiation therapy.
- Expels kidney stones- Intake of Tulsi on empty stomach also helps to expel kidney stones especially calcium oxalate stones. It also controls the pain and discomfort caused due to stones.
- Treats bad breadth problems- Bad breadth nowadays is becoming a common issue and it can be eliminated completely with tulsi leaves. Chewing tulsi leaves or applying the paste of tulsi powder and mustard oil on your gums helps to control this problem.
Along with the above health benefits, intake of tulsi also relieves stress, provides relief from a headache, detoxifies the liver and is also beneficial for skin and hair.