Amazing health benefits of olive oil for skin and hair growth
Olive oil for hair and skin is becoming quite popular in recent times and most of the people are now switching to it and using it in many ways like cooking oil, for dressing salads and others. This is mainly because of its wonderful benefits like low-fat content, high antioxidants, vitamin E and many more. As most of us know, regular consumption of olive oil helps to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke, it also lowers the risk of obesity, Alzheimer’s disease, Type 2 diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis.
|Frequently asked questions|
|How unhealthy eating habits lead to hair fall?|
|How to overcome skin rashes naturally?|
|What are the Do’s and Don’ts for healthy skin?|
Wait, do you think this is it? No, there are more. Yes, you heard it right, Olive oil is not only beneficial for our health but also for our appearance. It keeps our skin and hair healthy and young.
Though Olives are native to the Mediterranean region, olive oil is widely used across the world. Due to its magnanimous benefits, olive oil is known as “Liquid Gold” during ancient times. There are many grades of olive oil and each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Different kinds of olive oil include
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Standard virgin olive oil
- Pure or blended olive oil
- Refined oil
- Pomace oil
Among the above extra virgin olive oil and standard virgin olive oil are the top graded ones.
How does olive oil for skin?
Here’s what olive oil does to our skin and why we should switch over to this multitasking oil than other costlier creams
- Skin moisturizer- One of the major olive oil benefits for skin includes skin moisturizing. For all those suffering from dry skin, olive oil works as a great moisturizer. Olive oil is loaded with vitamin E which is considered to be very beneficial for skin health. Say goodbye to those sticky moisturizers with this nonstick and long lasting olive oil. To moisturize your skin apply little olive oil to your face before going to bed and leave it on for the whole night. Wash it off the next day morning with lukewarm water.
- Works as a makeup remover- Olive oil for skin works as a great makeup remover. Most of the makeup products usually contain oil-based ingredients, hence removing them with water becomes difficult. Most of the people use face wash and harsh soaps to remove their makeup and for all those olive oil works great. To remove your makeup just pour a little olive oil on a cotton ball and wipe off your face well with this cotton ball.
- Gives you healthy skin- Olive oil improves your skin health, treats acne, reduces wrinkles, fights signs of aging and also protects our skin from several skin problems like psoriasis, skin cancer, and many others. Use olive oil face pack to your skin to enhance skin health. To prepare this face pack to add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to a bowl and add 1/3 cup of yogurt and ¼ cup of honey and mix them well. Apply this paste to your face and wash after 30 minutes with lukewarm water.
Olive oil benefits for Hair
Olive oil does wonders to our hair. Massaging the scalp and hair with olive oil improves circulation to hair follicles and fights hair fall. Vitamin E present in olive oil moisturizes hair, strengthens the roots and prevents hair thinning. Olive oil for hair also works as a great remedy for those suffering from Dandruff. To get rid of dandruff just apply warm olive oil to scalp and hair and massage it gently and leave it for 30 minutes and wash your hair with mild shampoo and lukewarm water. Olive oil for hair growth is highly recommended. Olive oil when mixed with other ingredients promotes hair growth and gives us shiny and bouncy black hair. You can simply massage your hair with olive oil or can even mix olive oil with other oils like almond oil, castor oil, and camphor and apply it to your hair and scalp to strengthen hair follicles.